Friday, March 6, 2009

Art and Music

Recently, when I was listening to Pig Radio I came across this song:
Sam Taylor-Wood - I'm in love with a German Filmstar. Until then I had known Sam Taylor-Wood only as an artist, but soon found out that she had been collaborating with the Pet Shop Boys before. This being the latest effort.
In the video Sam Taylor-Wood strikes a Marlene Dietrich pose and amazingly sits still for about 4 minutes.





It made me think that the newest topic for Track of the Day could be: artist as musicians and musicians as artists. Which can you think of?



My absolute favourite is Walking On Thin Ice by Yoko Ono. Love it.




In 2006 I came across PTR - PlanningToRock and was absolutely thrilled by her music, her live shows and the visuals she used in them. PTR is Janine Rostron and she came to Berlin via Bolton, England. Hence Bolton Wanderer:

1 comment:

we celebrate everywhere !! said...

i can't post the direct link to laurie anderson's video: the personification of art meet music